AW: [simpits-tech] Epic hardware

F16 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 12:14:08 +0100

Hi Frank,

the 64BTN modul you can buy - I think - only in Europe by MicroCockpit. To
the 64BTN modul you must have an ABA modul. The 64BTN modul is for INPUT,
the 32-point output modul is for OUTPUT. Here is a short description for
the ABA-, 64BTN- and 32-point output modul (more see on my site
(http://www.xflight.de/f16/pe_sim_com_epc.htm):

ABA modul:
The ABA module is the heart of the system. You can connect up to 4 64BTN
modules to it, as well as power 16 analog channels. This module is
connected to the first expansion module by two flat cables.

64BTN modul:
Up to 64 push-buttons or switches can be connected to this module. EPIC can
then identify each of them. As EPIC registers any change of each switch and
processes it separately, only one cable is required to power normal
switches. The ABA can receive up to 4 64 BTN modules, which give you up to
256 different controls to be powered.
On one 64BTN modul you can connect and checked 64 buttons, switches and
other digital INPUT parts.

32-point output modul:
Using this module, which is connected to the First Expansion Module via
EPIC-Bus, up to 32 digital output channels can be powered. That means, that
you can activate lights, electric motors and other devices. Each channel
can handle 3 to 50V. Up to 4 Output Modules can be installed, giving you
128 channels to be used. On one output modul you can steer up to 32 LED,
lamps or engines. This module is for the OUTPUT.

I hope it is helpful for you.
Martin "Pegasus"