[simpits-tech] Hello from a newbie, with a newbie question

Ken Hallenberg simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:16:40 -0600

Greetings all,

I'm new to the list and wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Ken
Hallenberg and I live in Austin Texas.  I am planning to start building an
F16 pit soon.  I'm currently scouring the net and other resources and trying
to get together some sort of plan.

I do have a kind of basic question - can someone be kind enough to summarize
for me in a few sentences the main differences between the various
electronic interfaces available (EPIC, Phidgitts, and the other one whose
name slips my mind at the moment).  Are these systems just different ways of
accomplishing the same thing, or are they distinct solutions for distinct
purposes.  Can I use both EPIC and Phidgits together, or would I want to?

I have seen a lot of detailed information here, but I don't understand
everything I am reading, and I don't quite have a handle on the big picture
yet when it comes to these interfaces.

I am amazed at the wealth of information on this list.  This seems like a
great group of folks!  See you in the skies - or maybe in the shop.