[simpits-tech] What I've been up to lately...

Allen Buffington simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:26:41 -0600

ALBERT wrote:

> You just gave me an extra reason to visit US.

GREAT!!

> Good luck with everything. Have you got a kick ass site up to promote the
> business?

We have a website under construction but it will be a while before it is online.

> I also have to say. I salute your business goal to put sharing simulation
> experience with others before making a profit.

Thanks. We are making a slim profit and the bills are getting paid but I would rather
have a customer come in once or twice a week for a few hours and feel he really got his
moneys worth than maybe just come in every few months.

> Young kids can learn alot out of flight sims. It is something interesting
> unlike the traditional maths lesson. If only someone told me Triganometry
> was what they used to work out bomb projectile, and missiles hit...maybe I
> would have paid more attention to the maths teacher I had.

Amen to that brother. Math was so boring to me because I never dreamed it would be of
much use in the real world.

> Share the experience, and educate the young minds to appreciate the beauty
> of flight. Maybe its an opportunity you can organise with local school and
> tailor some interactive physic workshops in your Simworld :) If Maverick is
> travelling at a speed of 560knots head to head with Iceman travelling at
> 460knots. What are their closure speed in inches per second :)

*LOL*   :^)

This is something I am already doing through a local Air Force recruiter. We are
arranging some high school assemblies this school year and will take the F-16's over to
the schools and give demo rides. We also volunteered  to attend both local High Schools'
all-night Senior graduation parties next Spring and let the kids use the simulators for
free as our means of saying congratulations on graduating from high school. Plus it gives
us a lot of good exposure.

~~Allen