AW: [simpits-tech] Adapting headsets

LT1_Z28 simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 19:20:49 -0500

Marc Weigert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this link should be of help to you :)
> http://www.dutchspotters.com/flightgear/adapterpc.html
>
> Enjoy!

Evidently there's a difference in military and civilian connections. My
headset has 2 plugs, both with 3 conductors, one for the speakers
(stereo) and one for the mic. If I remember right the mic is the hard
part to connect, but I don't need it right now anyway. When the pit is
closer to finished I may just put a cockpit intercom in there to solve
the problems and just run the sound card into the CD player input jack.

I do know, however, that finding the right size jack for the speaker
connection is a nightmare. I'm going to try and make one on the lathe
with some delrin and brass strip. The other way is to buy a (rather
expensive) extension cord.
--
Steve
lt1_z28@swbell.net http://www.mysticz28.org/