[simpits-tech] Yet another A-4 update...

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:08:30 +1200

At 08:45 AM 8/1/02 -0700, you wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Michael Hirczy wrote:
>
> > its http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/seang1/A-4/Photo5.html (big "P")
> >
>Ok, thanks!
>
>It looks pretty good with the exception of the fit to the rear.  I had no
>idea that the canopy had that much meat on the sides.  It's gonna look

The amount of meat is quite amazing... but then if you look at a side view
of an A-4 you can pretty much only see the pilots helmet, and a little of
the shoulder.... (as I discovered when I started drawing the canopy!)

>really cool with the glass in it.  You might want to make a second one
>that's totally opaque to use for single view flying.

It'll need to be clear for any sort of flying, the canopy bow actually cuts
your view almost in half, so you are looking around the bow a lot of the
time, and as my screen wraps over the top of the pit you get to look up
through the main canopy when in big turns.  And as the pit is in a darkened
room you don't see out the sides anyway. In fact when it is all running you
are not even aware of the Queenair sitting 3 feet to your right ;-)

Sean