[simpits-tech] Lenses for 'warping' projectors?

Greg Cropp simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:50:20 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C1E192.1C8900A0

Lenses for 'warping' projectors?I have the pit with the shower curtain
www.interfold.com/gcompc the white plastic shower curtain works great. I'm
using an Infocus LP225, 250 Lumen LCD projector which is old as heck, does
800x600. The newer projectors are much better. I have a DA-LITE mini rear
view screen also, expensive and not as good as the shower curtain.. The
problem with rear projection is you have to have a medium opaque enough to
allow maximum light, but not allow hot spotting. After experimenting with
the DA_LITE, window shades etc, the shower curtain was the perfect medium,
good reflectivity and no hot spotting. There is some light loss but it's not
that bad at all. Total for the screen I built was about $10.00. It's
brighter if forward projected but I didn't have the room from the other side
of the pit. I have looked but haven't found a super wide angle lens yet.
Hope this helps.