[simpits-tech] Rotary encoder w/ pushbutton? Why?

Ross Hutton simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:37:12 +1000 (EST)

 --- "Wiebe, Alex" <AWiebe@online-can.com> wrote:

> c) what would be some example applications of the
> builtin pushbutton? has
> anyone made use of this feature in their pit?

For the MD83 in AS2 several of the autopilot controls
require you to push the rotary switch to change the
actual setpoint of the autopilot.

Now for what's on my bench.
Being an idiot I decided to build a panel from scratch
using one or more AVR microcontrollers that'll talk to
a PC via the serial port. I've gotten sidetracked into
writing a GDB-stub for AVR micro's so that GDB can be
used as an in-system-debugger for them. This is taking
me forever to do as I'm an engineer not a programmer.
I just wish that I could finish it so that I can get
back to the fun stuff.

=====
--
Ross

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!