[simpits-tech] Falcon 4.0 with motion sim

A L B E R T simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:27:49 +1000

I think I saw that on the news about a year ago of that device in "the big
boy's toys exhibtiion" in Sydney.

It was used in a F1 car simulator.

I was very impressed...however, didnt know what it was and where to find out
more info. would be nice to have some motion in a F16 pit..but with 300lbs "
take off limit " what does that compute to Kilogram?

Albert
Sydney, Australia
----- Original Message -----
From: Volker Metzger <Volker.Metzger@t-online.de>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2000 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Falcon 4.0 with motion sim

> Hi Ken,
>
> dont be frustrated, its not easy to get this monster too move
>

> ok, here is my first check list
>
> 1. go to the link motionsystems.de/rnr/,
> 2. go to profile
> 3. download "msim.dll"
> 4. download "alle profile gepackt" means all profiles
> 5. unzip the files
> 6. copy msim.dll to windows/system,
> reboot system
> 7. set control selector on the motherboard from the rock n ride to
"digital",
> 8. connect the seriell cable with the rock n ride"serial in"  and com2 off
the computer
> start the compressor and the power on
> 9. start profil "joystick.exe"
> 10. now the rock n ride must move with the joystick movements
>
> if not we do another test
>
> (forget the patches at the moment, because we must first get the motion)
>
> Volker
>
> "Ken Trager" <kenamt@clt.bellsouth.net> schrieb:
> > Volker,
> >
> > thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
> >
> > First, I went to http://www.rocknride.net/serial.htm and downloaded
Serial Port TEST UTILITY - hooked up everything and no action - no movement

> > SO - I went to http://www.motionsystems.de/start_rnr.htm and went to
patches and downloaded - FS 2000 / CFS - 136 KB After installation of FSUIPC
and run FS2002 and and press "Start FS Session"
> > I can see the the program is working pulling data from FS2002. The
problem is when I press "Activate
> > RockNRide" button I get a message that saids "CANT_OPEN_SERIAL"
> > Okay I may have a problem with this serial port so I put everything onto
aother computer but get the
> > same message. So I used my palm and the COMM1 port is working fine.
> >
> > I checked the computer cable I got when I brought this and it is build
just like in the instructions from

look at rocknride.net for the first questions,