[simpits-tech] Falcon 4.0 with motion sim

Ken Trager simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:19:52 -0400

Volker,

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

First, I went to http://www.rocknride.net/serial.htm and downloaded Serial Port TEST UTILITY - hooked up everything and no action - no movement

SO - I went to http://www.motionsystems.de/start_rnr.htm and went to patches and downloaded - FS 2000 / CFS - 136 KB After installation of FSUIPC and run FS2002 and and press "Start FS Session"
I can see the the program is working pulling data from FS2002. The problem is when I press "Activate
RockNRide" button I get a message that saids "CANT_OPEN_SERIAL"
Okay I may have a problem with this serial port so I put everything onto aother computer but get the
same message. So I used my palm and the COMM1 port is working fine.

I checked the computer cable I got when I brought this and it is build just like in the instructions from
rocknride.net here - http://www.rocknride.net/serial.htm

> no problem, i can give you a good suppot in the future, first take a look at rocknride.net for the first questions,

Any pointers?

Thanks