[simpits-tech] DC3 Pit

Sukit, Sittisudjatum simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:27:02 -0400

It's also not easy to get inside the cockpit of DC-3 here, eventhough we
have many of them standing in front of the military airbases and some
private airfields.  Maybe, the officers just too lazy to find the key, and
it's just another old airplane to them.  There are also two of them (from a
distance, they still looks very pretty, but all the instrument has gone for
sure) in the used machinery yard for sale.

Besides making the viper pit, the grand father DC-3 is my first choice for
civilian sim pit :)  Any links to the DC-3 page or to the DC-3 pit builder
site would be great!

Sukit Sittisudjatum
Bangkok, Thailand

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Sikkema [mailto:hangr18@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 7:11 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] DC3 Pit

At the small local airport where I took my flight training there was a DC-3.

Still there, too, unfortunately I dont think I could get in it myself, and
I'm fairly certian the cockpit has been fairly modernized so if you want to
keep it historically accurate it wouldn't do much good.

Sure was a lot of fun shooting approaches at that airport with that bird
sitting out there (and a Stearman taxiing around at times :)

Brian