[simpits-tech] Driving Resolvers

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 20:17:14 -0400

Interesting.  I had a chance, not long ago, to tear open an F-16 ADI and
the primary motor drove the sphere with a set of gears.  The motor
needed to make many revolutions to turn the sphere once.  I wonder how
it sensed the sphere's position since the motor and sphere were not one
to one gearing.  Somehow it needs to know its absolute position when
power is restored.

Marv