[simpits-tech] motion systems for sims

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:39:02 +0200

Well you can get rid of the "bounce" feeling, by makeing a locking
mechanism on the actuator piston, the big problem as i see it, the air
preasure need for speed is going to be huge, i doubt that a normal 2hk
300liters/min (8 bar) will do the job, even if you have one of these per
actuator. Well maybe in a standard turn it will be enough, but to get
the "bumpy" and the "sink" feeling on takeoff will require a lot more of
"air speed"

/Stig

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Buckle [mailto:geneb@deltasoft.com]
Sent: 5. april 2002 17:20
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] motion systems for sims

One thing you need to know about using pnumatic actuators.  You'll
*never*
be rid of the inherent *bounce* that is has because air is compressable.
That's why "real" motion systems are based upon hydraulics.

g.

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Shay Forsythe wrote:

> I contacted this guy about any updates to the project because I
noticed it had been a few years since the site was updated. Sadly, he
said he had abandoned the project because other things had come up. He
also added that the pneumatics weren't working out and that he would
have to probably switch to hydraulics anyway if he were to begin again.