[simpits-tech] MultiPC's, one epic.

Gary Oliver simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:41:55 +0100

I hope you get this sorted becuae I need to do the same! Have u tried
making sure widelcient and wide server are installed and running?

============
Gary Oliver (VS-UK16)
Cheif Muppet
www.vatsim-uk.net

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Stuart Whelan
Sent: 01 April 2002 23:04
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] MultiPC's, one epic.

Hi Folks,

I am playing with an EPIC Rev D at the moment.

I have done this:

PC1 is a WIn98 running FS2K2 with FSUPIC, WideServer, EpicInfo,
EPIC.VXD, EpicClient installed.

PC2 has the EPIC card in it, wideclient and EPIC95.vxd, EpicServer
installed..

Wideclient and Wideserver are talking using IPX. It is working fine.

EpicClient and EpicServer connect okay.

A quick note here:

I have put the EPIC card in the FS2k2 machine and sucessfully changed my
comm radio and seen the results reflected in the LED displays (And
danced aroudn the room when it happened). :) I then put the card back
into the second machine.

My problem is that I really need the EPIC card in a separate machine. My
main FS2k2 machine I intend to use has no ISA slots.

I have added:

[Config]
Log=All
[include]
PH=ALL
QP=ALL
NQ=ALL

In both my EpicServer and EpicClient INI files.

Now, when I fire up my setup:

On the Epic Machine:
- Epic.vxd starts up and sees the epic card.
- Epic Server sees Epic.vxd and starts up and waits for the client.

On the FS2k2 machine:
- Epic.vxd reads 'not connected' on all Win98 Joystick slots.
- Epic Client starts and report it can't find epic.vxd
- Epic Client connects okay to epic server.
- Flight sim starts, EpicInfo reports finding an epic card.

But nothing gets sent to the card, My pigeon holed values do not seem to
be sent.

Nothing else appears in the EpicClient or EpicServer log.

Can anyone help? I have spent many days trying to get past this point.

Cheers,
Stuart.