[simpits-tech] to MARV

Albert Yung simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:07:54 +1000

Dont know if its a possiblity... havent open up the cougar base myself only
the stick.

Perhaps the rubber seal part on the top of the stick can make way for the
extension cable? User just have to remove the top silver ring.

"Albert's Doggy World of Electronics" hehehe.

Al
Sydney, Australia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marv De Beque" <mdebeque@woh.rr.com>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] to MARV

I am trying to figure out the least invasive way to get to the PCB
connections for the pots.

The easy part is that the pots have 3-pin connectors to the board, so no
soldering is required.

The bad thing is that there is no easy way to get a wire through the base
without drilling a hole!

My base will have an extension cable for the grip electronics that simply
plugs into the top of the base.

To get to the pots will probably require some form of mod to the base so a
wire or connector can be added.

One possibility is to have the user snap off the small tap on the bottom of
the base where the USB cable exits.

A second rubber grommet with the wire can be added and the bottom replaced
when done.

A pair of pliers and a Phillips screw driver would be all the tools you
need.  Well, you will need your brain, too, but not that much of it.  ;-)