[simpits-chat] [Flightgear-announce] Announce: FlightGear version 0.9.3 (fwd)

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Oct 24 15:08:43 PDT 2003

I am pleased to announce that FlightGear version 0.9.3 is now
available for download from:

    http://www.flightgear.org

FlightGear is a free, open-source, multi-platform flight simulator.
The source code is licensed under the GPL.

Prerequisites if building from source:

  - You must have plib version 1.6.0 or newer (http://plib.sf.net)
    installed before building both SimGear and FlightGear.

  - You must have SimGear-0.3.4 (http://www.simgear.org) installed
    before building FlightGear-0.9.3

A few of the highlights of this release are:

  - A flight "replay" system.

  - More convenient ways to control the time of day.

  - Many improvements to sky, cloud, scene, and aircraft lighting.

  - Proper displaced thresholds added to runways that have them.

  - Many new buildings and land marks added to the San Francisco area.

  - Updated airports and navaids database (based on DAFIF and other sources.)

  - Better packaging/installation for windows users with an included
    launcher that enables the user to select aircraft and starting
    location without needing to specify command line options.

  - First stab at modeling helicopters with 3 initial designs to try.

  - Several new aircraft and many improvements to existing aircraft.

  - A complete rebuild of the world scenery based on SRTM terrain and
    VMAP roads, rivers, lakes, and land use.

For more information on the FlightGear project, please visit our web
page at:

    http://www.flightgear.org

You can view a summary of the new features, changes, and bug fixes for
this release here:

    http://www.flightgear.org/version.html

Best regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org