[simpits-chat] Networking question

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:50:06 PST 2003

So, I now have a couple of hard drives and a CDROM drive on the way for my Sun. I've also just picked up a serial cable so I can just connect through the machine through a terminal (which I REALLY wish I had thought of before I bought this gigantic fricking monitor). Now I'm wondering how I can go about getting this thing access to the net through my PC. Anyone be able to help me? What cables I need, how to go about configuring, etc... I'm gonna try to put Gentoo on this machine, which requires net access, well, not requires, but it's certainly the easiest way to do things. Plus for any future use it would definitely be nice.

Brian