[simpits-chat] Mmmm, sexy....

Gene Buckle simpits-chat@simpits.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 07:15:29 -0700 (PDT)

> I think you might be getting me confused with Sean here. I'm looking for
> info on Mercury, not Apollo. I *would* like to know how the heck they landed
> the blueprints, though, that info might be useful... on the other hand, this
> is an Oscar Winning Tom Hanks flick, with an Oscar Winning Tom Hanks budget,
> I bet their method involves a lot more cash than I have handy....
>
> Brian

I bet the got them from the Smithsonian.  In fact, I bet if you contact
someone there (no idea who - you'd have to find out), you could get all
the Mercury blueprints on microfilm.  You may have to sign a waiver
stating you won't build one to fly. (I know that they stipulate this
before releasing WWII fighter prints, no idea about spacecraft)

g.