[simpits-chat] Mmmm, sexy....

Chris Woodul simpits-chat@simpits.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 22:14:00 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C323D4.1B9FEB10

Yup,

I gotta say that I salivate every time I see that. I try to fathom them =
putting sets in the Vomit Comit and how many arc's they had to fly to =
get all that done. Great stuff.
Bit of trivia, the color of BLUE WHITE lighting ( as opposed to IPL =
white, or red for that matter) was developed for NASA by AEROSPACE =
OPTICS here in Ft. Worth to mimic the color of the sunlight when =
reflected off the moon. I used to work for another local Edge lit panel =
house ( and simulator parts maker) here in the DFW area that got one of =
the main panel gurus from Aerospace Optics years ago. He told me that =
story on the origins of Blue White. The F-111 was the first Fighter Jet =
to utilize that color...the F-16 followed and many other airplanes did =
too. Now with NVIS everyone uses that damn ugly NVG compatable green =
that looks like a freakin ford car instrument panel! I hate NVIS,,,,
When I watch Apollo 13 I always love the blueish glow of the instruments =
and all those lovely edge lit panels...
Next question, where did you see it in IMAX format?

Chris
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Sikkema=20
  To: simpits chat=20
  Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 10:02 PM
  Subject: [simpits-chat] Mmmm, sexy....

  I just saw Apollo 13 again on IMAX... man that is one awesome flick... =
Unbelievable detail, just unbelievable. I'm convinced the set makers had =
to have all the original blueprints for the CM and LM, it's the only way =
they could have gotten everything so good... such a great flick... So =
anyway, if you get a chance to see it, take it! :)

  Brian

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C323D4.1B9FEB10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yup,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I gotta say that I salivate every time =
I see that.=20
I try to fathom them putting sets in the Vomit Comit and how many arc's =
they had=20
to fly to get all that done. Great stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bit of trivia, the color of BLUE WHITE =
lighting (=20
as opposed to IPL white, or red for that matter) was developed for NASA =
by=20
AEROSPACE OPTICS here in Ft. Worth to mimic the color of the sunlight =
when=20
reflected off the moon. I used to work for another local Edge lit panel =
house (=20
and simulator parts maker) here in the DFW area that got one of the main =
panel=20
gurus from Aerospace Optics years ago. He told me that story on the =
origins of=20
Blue White. The F-111 was the first Fighter Jet to utilize that =
color...the F-16=20
followed and many other airplanes did too. Now with NVIS everyone uses =
that damn=20
ugly NVG compatable green that looks like a freakin ford car instrument =
panel! I=20
hate NVIS,,,,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I watch Apollo 13 I always love =
the blueish=20
glow of the instruments and all those lovely edge lit =
panels...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Next question, where did you see it in =
IMAX=20
format?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dhangr18@hotmail.com =
href=3D"mailto:hangr18@hotmail.com">Brian=20
  Sikkema</A> </DIV>
title=3Dsimpits-chat@simpits.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:simpits-chat@simpits.org">simpits chat</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 26, 2003 =
10:02 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [simpits-chat] Mmmm,=20
  sexy....</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just saw Apollo 13 again on IMAX... =
man that is=20
  one awesome flick... Unbelievable detail, just unbelievable. I'm =
convinced the=20
  set makers had to have all the original blueprints for the CM and LM, =
it's the=20
  only way they could have gotten everything so good... such a great =
flick... So=20
  anyway, if you get a chance to see it, take it! :)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C323D4.1B9FEB10--