[simpits-chat] El-Cheapo MFD

Roy Coates simpits-chat@simpits.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:44:10 +0000 (GMT)

A long long time ago, shortly after the earth cooled, the dinosaurs came,
and gene was only young - I bought a small 5.5" mono TV as an experiment
in building an el-cheapo MFD style device.

I had long forgotten about this until I came across an ATI Rage video card
in my drawer which just happened to have a TV out socket. I hooked it all
up, scaled down a few X-Panel panels - and fired it up.

The result? It's not half bad - much better than I would have expected,
especially since I think my video lead is 50ohm and should be 75.

I think this will be added to the new pit. I'll post piccies as I build it
into a suitable enclosure.

There seems to be a glut of these mini TV's in the UK at the moment, and
you can pick them up for around the 20UKP mark - Just in case anyone else
is interested.

Roy.