[simpits-chat] United States Navy Flops a f18 on landing

Ben Jones simpits-chat@simpits.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:36:54 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_0121_01C2C195.374F58B0

Re: [simpits-chat] United States Navy Flops a f18 on landingYeah  dibs =
on the carcas whould of been ok  the aircraft was complete except minor =
pannel dammage and the loss of the nose cone , and a semi retracted / =
bent undercarrage

the real upsetter for me was when the avionics techo's walked to the =
cockpit with a 4 pound sledge hammer ready to smash everthing in the =
cockpit that was not easily removable ,  due to a line of protesters =
outside the bases fence about 400 meters away, they were worried about =
the a/c being comprimised , but within minuts we had a secured area =
around the bird , and the sledge hammer was retired to the truck.. thank =
F*****

so then i spent the most of the night on piquet duity , without a camera =
or a tape measure or a note pad and pen, or a screwdriver.  incase any =
tree hugging pot smoking festering protesting welfare roughting hippies  =
wanted a go at it...

luckily i had a stand in to run the bar  as it was my rostered night on  =
..... phew  could have had a riot

ben
bjones@pipecomp.com.au
=20