[simpits-chat] Word vs. Textpad

Roy Coates simpits-chat@simpits.org
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:54:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Matt Bailey wrote:

> What do you think about Netscape Composer? For my humble little page it does
> fine, but I never inspect the raw HTML. I don't know any HTML actually.

With a few exceptions like pagemill or dreamweaver, most html 'creators'
suck in my opinion. I often have to take pages designed by some bureau and
convert them for use as templates by database driven sites. While doing
this you have to unravel the html to make sure your data will appear in
the right places without 'breaking' the page. It is while modifying these
pages that you spot the glaring errors!

Roy.