[simpits-chat] Ditched 707

Sean Galbraith simpits-chat@simpits.org
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:00:48 +1300

--=====================_364768==_.ALT

FO: "I have a cunning plan to avoid landing charges my lord""
Captain: "Yes Baldrick, what is it then?"

Sean <who has just finished watching all 4 series of "Blackadder"....>

At 04:17 PM 1/4/03 +0200, you wrote:
>wonder why he didn't get to the runway which looks to be about half a K
>from it ?

--=====================_364768==_.ALT

FO: &quot;I have a cunning plan to avoid landing charges my
lord&quot;&quot;<br>
Captain: &quot;Yes Baldrick, what is it then?&quot;<br><br>
Sean &lt;who has just finished watching all 4 series of
&quot;Blackadder&quot;....&gt;<br><br>
At 04:17 PM 1/4/03 +0200, you wrote:<br>
why he didn't get to the runway which looks to be about half a K from it
?<br>
wrote: -----<br><br>
Hmm, you're right, I hadn't thought of that.<br><br>
Brian<br><br>
----Original Message Follows----<br>
You do don't wanna parallel park it, because when you are just about
to<br>
go in waves from the sea/ocean might hit you, and you have no way
of<br>
knowning how big/hard they will hit, if the are big enough or come
in<br>
fast enough they might tip you over, or at least get the wing near
the<br>
beach in the drink first and the plane will spin/swing very fast as
the<br>
wing will come to a stand still before the body. better to park it
with<br>
the nose facing the beach so in the event that the plane will reach
the<br>
beach most of the body will be in water and fire will be
preventet.<br><br>
Even so, it is damb tricky to make a landing like this, and the
pilot<br>
did a very good job - or so it looks...<br><br>
/Stig<br><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
Whats the story on that 707 pic you uploaded? I'm just curious what
in<br>
the<br>
world that guy was doing, was he trying to get it on land? I'm
thinking<br>
if<br>
you are TRYING to ditch an aircraft, you'd want to allign yourself<br>
PARALLEL<br>
to the beach, not perpandicular! Maybe I'm wrong, but I would want it
in<br>
the<br>
shallow water, just about where he ended up, but not run the risk
of<br>
going<br>
up on land... but then, maybe he did do that, and the aircraft just<br>
turned<br>
on him... who knows. Um, well, you might. If you do, lemme know!
:)<br><br>
Brian<br><br>