[simpits-chat] Ditched 707

Brian Sikkema simpits-chat@simpits.org
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 00:58:47 +0000

Hmm, you're right, I hadn't thought of that.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Stig Joergensen" <stig.joergensen@clearsky.dk>
To: <simpits-chat@simpits.org>
Subject: RE: [simpits-chat] Ditched 707
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 01:57:00 +0100

Brian,

You do don't wanna parallel park it, because when you are just about to
go in waves from the sea/ocean might hit you, and you have no way of
knowning how big/hard they will hit, if the are big enough or come in
fast enough they might tip you over, or at least get the wing near the
beach in the drink first and the plane will spin/swing very fast as the
wing will come to a stand still before the body. better to park it with
the nose facing the beach so in the event that the plane will reach the
beach most of the body will be in water and fire will be preventet.

Even so, it is damb tricky to make a landing like this, and the pilot
did a very good job - or so it looks...

/Stig