[simpits-chat] f-15 monster RC model

Joseph Fagner simpits-chat@simpits.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:37:51 -0600

I've seen that on eBay and the hobby store and thought about getting one of
those.  My biggest concern is dropping a few grand into one of these and
then pancaking it on the ground and watching it all go up in flames.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-chat-admin@simpits.org [mailto:simpits-chat-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:40 PM
To: simpits-chat@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-chat] f-15 monster RC model

> lot easier I would think, since you constantly have to take into account
the
> direction of the plane in relation to your controls.

After you've spent some time with a transmitter in your hands, it becomes
totally automatic.  You don't even think about it.  I suggest you get a
package like Real Flight that comes with "transmitter" so you can train
your thumbs before you break a real model.  It's a great help to keep from
getting rusty when you don't fly very often.