[simpits-chat] Long time in coming

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 00:04:09 PST 2003

Lol. Work and play, Matt, work and play. Totally seperate stuff (although
the work is sometimes more fun than the play, and the play more tedious than
the work, to be honest). I happen to spend a lot of time in what is now
called the Ion Space Propulsion lab here at school. We do research on
electric propulsion thrusters, specifically hall thrusters.
http://www.me.mtu.edu/researchAreas/isp/index.html

At any rate none of our thrusters will ever be on any spacecraft themselves,
we're not in the business of making flight hardware, we're in the business
of testing concepts and figuring out how and why these things work, and how
to make them work better. :)

Brian