[simpits-chat] Meigs Flash: "Hostage 16" to depart Meigs when wind shifts; photo contest (fwd)

Roy Coates simpits-chat@simpits.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:50:29 +0100 (BST)

Meigs alert:

According to sources, the FAA has given a waiver for the remaining 16 aircraft at Meigs Field to depart.  The waiver is for south departures only.

According to our source, the wind is currently out of the north, and there is fog also to the north.

Photo contest:
Friends of Meigs Field will pay $25 to:

1) Whoever provides the best photo TODAY of the last departure of the "Hostage 16"

2)  Whoever provides the best overall photo of the same event within the next 7 days.

Send entries to Friends of Meigs Field, P.O. Box 59-7308, Chicago, IL 60659, info@friendsofmeigs.org.  You must hold rights to all images and be willing to allow us to use them, whether they win or not.

Webcam shots are permissible.  You can watch at the Friends of Meigs "Meigscam" at www.friendsofmeigs.org (actually its a link to the Adler's webcam, adjacent to Meigs.)

Other news:

Friends of Meigs and our national allies (NBAA, EAA, AOPA, NATA, and GAMA) are examining legal and other options available for stopping and reversing the wanton destruction of the enormous ($50 million+) public asset that Meigs is.  Watch for developments in the coming days.

Sun-Times Editorial Cartoon (Right on, Mr. Higgins!)
www.suntimes.com (click on small image at lower right of page)

John Kass' column: Chicago Tribune "Daley's abuse of power leaves marks on city"  (Thank you, John...keep fighting for us all.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0304020151apr02,1,7392786.column?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed

Keep the faith...we're not done yet!