[GEM Development] PC DOS etc.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:34:20 PDT 2020

Because of $REASONS I've been fiddling with PC DOS 7.1 again.

I find that I need a bootable USB stick with DOS on it. I've done this
before; the snag is, I don't remember how. I found a FreeDOS ISO somewhere
that works and I modified that.

Would there be any interest in a downloadable image file of this?

I really should do the DR-DOS ones I was talking about, too.

The snag is this: I asked IBM for permission to redistribute this, and they
said no. However, the download containing PC DOS 7.1 is still available on
the IBM website.

So, I can't publish it, but if I made either a USB key image, or a
VirtualBox VM image, would anyone like to host a private offsite backup for
me? ;-)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com