[GEM Development] GEM on the Lisa

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 04:29:00 PST 2020

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 12:42, <rob at midworld.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> In case people are unaware, this person has managed to get GEMDOS/GEM running on an Apple Lisa again (by hacking together a disc image).
>
> http://www.alternative-system.com/en/revive-gemdos-for-lisa/
>
> I got this running on an emulator on my machine, and I'm tempted to try hacking together a GEMDOS ProFile HD image to run on my actual hardware...
>
> https://transfer.sh/w3bZt/gem.png
>
> Have fun

Thanks for that!

I had no idea that the Lisa was involved in Gem development at all,
but it figures -- when it was new it was probably the most mainstream
graphical 68000 workstation and after the Mac came out Lisas became
cheaper.

Everyone knows the story about thousands of them being consigned to
landfill, yes?