[GEM Development] Someone Has Been Editing . . .

Thomas F Clayton TopcatDRC at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 22:06:47 PDT 2020

Dear All:

I had an old (2015) Linux magazine DVD I'd found, put into my computer's
drive and was following old links. Well, like the internet is, one thing
lead to another and I wound up at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEM_(desktop_environment)
.
Actually read a good deal of it and it seemed pretty detailed and /not/
what I remembered, was written there. Near the bottom while checking a
footnote, I noticed the date: "Retrieved 2020-01-13"

Hmm, thought I. Seems someone has been editing the GEM Wiki OR Wiki GEM
page.

[Damn it. The Itlaics is NOT supposed to be here. Pure Text!]

I don't remember anyone "announcing" they'd edited that page on the
GEM-Dev list.

BTW, two things. The old links went thru File Systems on Wikisomething.
Also, please inform your spouse that the
"one thing lead(ing) to another" is /not/ something they need to worry
about. ;-)

Tom Clayton