[GEM Development] Desktop.inf

Armand Colleye armand.colleye at planet.nl
Wed Nov 21 14:16:10 PST 2018

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply.
The desktop app I am using is the FreeGem v6.
The info box of the Desktop says John Elliot and your name was absent :(

The story to the conclusion/question:

As I was mailing to the group I  am busy to create the GEM-CD as a
virtual machine.

By adding (new) applications to it (via the Install application
interface), some were not predefined.
So I add the application and on the fly add an appropiate icon to it via
the Install application interface
E.g. for the games you can "sort" the games by its kind of game.
At entry 64 all games revert to its standard tic-tac-toe
AND the new application (not a game) had the same (tic-tac-toe) icon.

You can try revert this mishap via the deskop interface and save it (the
desired situation).
But after a restart (The gem interface or reboot) you will be back on
the same level, unless you revert via a text-editor to a number less
than 64.

I hope my explanation is in line what you were explaining.

Regards
Armand