[GEM Development] DOS in VirtualPC

Armand Colleye armand.colleye at planet.nl
Tue Jul 31 14:47:28 PDT 2018

Hi,

It must be several years ago that I answered a mail in the gem-dev list.

To make a long story short: switched several times form PC, forgot my
password, etc etc.

But when I saw the title "DOS in VirtualPC", I had to react.

Luckily Gene made it possible to me to log on again!

Cheers on Gene!

Back to the original question: "DOS in VirtualPC"

It seems to me that this was the answer to mail chain GEM-CD (What is
the status of this project?)

But I was asking why VirtualPC?

I had to let go VirtualPC when stepping from Windows XP as a host OS
over to W7. And now with W10 it seems to me that VPC is as a station
passed by.

Myself I am now a fan of VirtualBox (Version 5.2.12 now).

I created a virtual machine with DR-DOS 7.03 and (drum roll) OpenGem
version 6.

I could put a lots applications to it, but it is still work in progress.

Specifications I will reveal in a separate mail

--
Email signature Armand Colleye

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Armand Colleye

Bezoek mijn LinkedIn pagina - Visit my LinkedIn page

<http://nl.linkedin.com/in/armandcolleye>