[GEM Development] Liam Proven! DOS in VirtualPC

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 07:07:15 PST 2017

On 10 December 2017 at 00:49, Thomas Clayton <topcatdrc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To ALL:
>
> Just going thru my (very old) bookmarks at work and found one that lead to these FreeDOS (old) images.
>
> There are several FreeDOS images available. FreeDOS 1.0 Size (compressed/uncompressed): 84.3 MBytes / 375 MBytes...

FreeDOS has only had 3 versions since it was finalised, AFAIK. 1.0,
1.1 and 1.2. They're all readily available for download.

> Maybe we can create a more recent one (FreeDOS) /and/ a DR-DOS (for personal Non-comerical use ETC.) one?
> Two?, might be quite a challenge - but we can dream.

It's already out there.

https://winworldpc.com/search?q=dr+dos

http://vetusware.com/download/DR%20DOS/?id=3374

https://archiveos.org/drdos/

> GEM images, too, - but what would be the OS ... ?

Well, either an update to Deltasoft, or a canonical archive page,
might be good...?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com