[GEM Development] Liam Proven! DOS in VirtualPC

Thomas F Clayton tfclayton at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 9 11:43:14 PST 2017

Liam,

Have read your and Steve's interchange(s). This precedes that.
Now there's another 2, 3 msgs. I've fallen behind.

Noticed a little detail about PCDOS and SYS. There's a 7.0.1 and a 7.1.0
involved.

I seem to recall (learnt the hard way) that SYS.com is /very/ particular
about what version it /is/ and the vn.s of the +RHS files it is to copy.
DR SYS (or something other than MS, IBM SYS) saved the day when I had to
"transfer" the actual (some specific vn.) system files from a HDD to
another HDD - indirectly. (Could have been 5 to 5; that long ago.)

HTH.

Tom C

Whoa. Now there's another 4, 5 msgs. I've fallen behind even more. ;-)