[GEM Development] New VESA drivers

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 18:07:15 PDT 2013

  I've updated the GEM/3 and GEM/4 video drivers again.

  Firstly, all the 256-colour drivers have been migrated to the new faster
bit-blit system.

  Secondly, I've modified the 256-colour driver source so it no longer
requires the memory window size to be a multiple of the line length. This
means that I can now support other modes than 1024x768x256.

  Consequently, the driver packs have now been updated and include drivers
for VESA modes:

SDW649.VGA: 640x400 / 640x480
SDW869.VGA: 800x600
SDW109.VGA: 1024x768
SDW129.VGA: 1280x1024

 -- all in 256 colours.

 The old SD2569.VGA driver has been superseded by SDW109.VGA, and the old
SDV649.VGA has been renamed to SDW6X9.VGA (so that all 256-colour VESA
drivers have names beginning SDW).

--
John Elliott