[GEM Development] OpenWatcom Bindings, C editor and spreadsheet

François Vanzeveren francois.vanzeveren at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 04:44:38 PDT 2012

Hello

Qed is definitly worth porting :). I looked at the source code, but my
level is not yet sufficient. Furthermore, it seems it relies on libraries
from the FreeMint project, so it would probably mean to write part of the
code. But, that would be an awesome project.
http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/qed/

Regarding the Watcome bindings, for the time being I am happy with DJGPP,
but I noted that the 4.6x version of gcc is no more compatible with Pentium
I processor... So, the continuituy of DJGPP on older system is
questionnable...

On Atari, one of the most powerfull spreadsheet was 3D-Calc. It is now
free, but the source code has not (yet) been released. It turns out that
the author lives not so far from Brussels, where I live. I will try to
contact him by email to see if he would be ready to release the source code
(if it does still exist :))... That could be also a nice project to make a
port for INTEL GEM :)
http://www.medcalcsoftware.com/legacysoftware/atari/3dcalc.php

Cheers

François

PS: sorry for using two email addresses.