[GEM Development] GEM Desktop & Linux

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 09:54:18 PDT 2011

Liam,

That was an interesting side-trip thru the web for me. First, I linked out to your google page, then to that woman-in-a-corset's page, then National Novel Month, then back to her page finding a nice cartoon about friendship and a picture of cats on a car hood (for one of my sisters - the catSS owner) - and I hadn't even gotten to any GEM related subject matter, yet!

AFrOS runs over ARAnyM and

ARAnyM is a software virtual machine (similar to VirtualBox or Bochs) designed and developed for running 32-bit Atari ST/TT/Falcon operating systems (TOS, FreeMiNT, MagiC and Linux-m68k) and TOS/GEM applications on any kind of hardware - be it an IBM clone (read it as "PC" :-), an Apple, an Unix server, a graphics workstation or even a portable computer.

Later on, I think it said something about a mini- ?linux?. Any way, Jeff can look that up for himself. (It is NOT acting as an X-WM - which is what I think he's interested in.)

The other two ref.s have been mentioned here, before, and are GOOD.

Thanks again, for the respite - from work.

Tom Clayton