[GEM Development] [GEM-DEV] GEM 32

Shane Martin Coughlan shane at shaneland.co.uk
Mon Nov 9 03:48:14 PST 2009

Hi Shane

> Anyway - as I have stated previously I have created the 'gemapi' and
> 'gemix' projects on SourceForge. I'm happy to hand over control of the
> 'gemapi' project to those with more of a history (and more experience)
> with GEM. I intend to continue with the 'gemix' project as a 'GEM
> like' (at the very least) implementation of the GEM API for the Linux
> kernel (initially, ideally it should work on any POSIX compliant
> system that someone can provide a VDI implementation for). SourceForge
> does provide for webspace as well so maybe the 'gemapi' project would
> be a reasonable place for a documentation Wiki and other developer
> style information?

Could the two projects be combined into one codebase that is not
platform dependent, allows backward compatibility (when running on x86)
and potentially also allows Atari platform tools to work?

I think a starting point for you is probably to have a chat with John.
He has done a lot of the work to modernize GEM.  His site is here:
http://www.seasip.info/Gem/index.html

Regards

Shane