[GEM Development] [GEM-DEV] GEM 32

Shane Gough goughsw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:20:44 PST 2009

Hi Tom,

Pretty much - although I have some code snippets to prove (or disprove)
various ideas. Certainly nothing that could be publicly released that would
contribute anything.

In my defence I will argue that many systems started out this way - the
Linux kernel is a good example :P

I am certainly not promising anything - if you read that from my emails I
apologise. I'm simply interested in the idea, believe I have the skills to
implement it and (it seems) others are interested as well. To me this is an
interesting intellectual problem (and I'd rather be writing code than
watching TV) - I don't get paid for this, it's never going to make me any
money and it's a choice I make about how I choose to spend my spare time.

Sorry to seem like I'm ranting but this is the only forum I get to discuss
my ideas about this particular topic. It doesn't really matter if I do
something about them or another reader does (or someone scanning the
archives in a couple of years time). At this stage it is little more than an
idea (in my minds eye as you say) and I've not presented it in any other
way.

Regards,
Shane