[GEM Development] Hello

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 09:48:41 PST 2009

Liam wrote:
> I was going to say: it did happen, but was proprietary & both sources
> and binary are AWOL, missing presumed dead, years ago, alas.

As with so many things.  *sigh*  I was just thinking the other day, in fact,
that it's a crying shame all the DR app source code was lost (warehouse
flood in Monterey, from memory!)

> This chap apparently worked on it - may be worth asking him. Anyone
> more programming-literate want to volunteer or shall I do it? :¬)
> http://www.tomingas.com/resume/

Interesting; I didn't realise FlexOS had been FlexOS under DRI (if you see
what I mean).  This also caught my eye:

: GEM – Graphical UI Update designer

I wonder when that was -- I can think of a few possibilities (minor changes
in the GEM/1 to GEM/3 era; ViewMAX I, II and III; GEM/5?) but it'd be
interesting to know what drove which changes when.

Oh, and hello all; I've not quite disappeared yet!  Although I have the
motivation of a dead snail lately; that's pretty close.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/