[GEM Development] Are There 'Archives' of Our Correspondance?

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 14:33:59 PDT 2007

Dear Owen:

--- Owen Rudge <owen at owenrudge.net> wrote:

> Heh, that prompted me to read through a few things from the past
> seven
> years. Ah, memories. And slight embarrassment at times. :-P

That reminds me of what Prof. Ehrenfest said to his students, Goudsmit
and Uhlenbeck, when they came running in after their return from
visiting Prof. Lorentz. G & U asked that E. NOT send their joint paper
on electron spin to the publishers because L. had shown that IF their
hypoth. were correct than the 'surface' of the electron would be going
FASTER than the speed of light AND the magnetic moment would TWICE the
usually accepted value. E. said
'I've sent it away weeks ago and it will appear next week. Well, you
are both young and can afford a stupidity.'

BTW, The faster than light doesn't matter (there is NO surface!) and
g=2 IS correct (up to Relativistic Quantum Field Theoretical
corrections).

Sincerely,

Thomas Clayton