[GEM Development] StoneyGEM Database Release

Scott McDonald smpcs at hotkey.net.au
Mon May 22 00:21:50 PDT 2006

Hi everyone.

After a fair amount of work, the StoneyGEM
Database is now ready for a general release.
And the  StoneyGEM website has had a few
minor improvements done at the same time.

There doesn't appear to be any major bugs, but
I've been developing software long enough to know
how difficult it is to be completely certain how
any single executable file will run on all
systems in the wild.

So, if you do find a bug, please let me know so it
can be looked into.

The trial version is just that, it has all the
features of StoneyGEM Database, but it does have a
limit on the number of records it can store.

To get the full version of the program costs money.
But it is priced very reasonably (I think) at
around fifteen US dollars.

The full version does not limit the number of
records that can be stored, except for memory
limits, and by purchasing the full version of
StoneyGEM you would be supporting future GEM
application development here.

Anyway, I hope you find SGM Database an interesting
development for GEM.

Scott McDonald

StoneyGEM
PO Box 139 Newtown 2042