[GEM Development] version of opengem for easy use for windows users

rob at midworld.co.uk rob at midworld.co.uk
Sun May 7 15:25:09 PDT 2006

Greetings -

On 6 May 2006, at 21:05, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:
> OpenGEM does not require DOSBOX to run on Windows XP.  It install fine
> onto XP, and runs without a hitch on my machine.  Therefore, there is
> no
> need for the creation of a 'OpenGEM for Windows' package at this
> juncture.

In counterpoint to this, a DOSBox preinstalled with GEM (or at least
the configuration and GEM installation and so forth) would be quite
useful to me, at least, as I do not currently possess a windows
machine; thus having a command I could run to fire up GEM (or even a
set of directories I could copy into a dosbox directory and just hit
"go") in a window would be quite useful.

Though this shifts the focus away from GEM for Windows to a more
general "GEM-in-a-box"...

I think it's worth doing, personally, and could be useful.  I'd
certainly be willing to test and tweak on MacOS.

Rob.