[GEM Development] Weird idea...

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Wed Feb 22 21:53:51 PST 2006

> I've thought about it, but it never got off the ground, I thought of
> making use of the running DOS and GEM to make a high-level Atari ST
> emulator.  ("CrySTal" would be a good name for it!)

Such ideas have been posted to the list a number of times over the past few
years... sadly, nobody has been able to come up with any code as of yet.
Considering you'd have to emulate the Motorola 68K processor, it's not too
easy a task (a number of 68K emulators do exist, though), but it wouldn't be
impossible. Apple emulates the 68K processor in their PowerPC Mac OS and has
applications run seemingly natively under that, and they've done it again
for PowerPC OS X apps in Intel OS X. I'm sure more discussion was had on the
technicalities of this in the past, but I can't remember the specifics. If
someone's up to the task, anyway, feel free to try. ;-)

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/