[GEM Development] Test: Ok, I'll Be the First to Try a Letter

Liam Proven lproven at cix.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:55:14 PST 2006

Owen Rudge wrote:

> Were there possibly some confusions between Kbit/sec and KB/sec here,
> perhaps? as 64KB/s would be 512kbps, and 25KB/s would be 200kbps, both
> of which sound more like what we have here in the UK. But perhaps the US
> is just silly again. ;-)

OIC. I've checked back and Gene originally never specified B or b, just
k - which I should have been using instead of K, of course.

In my defence, I don't think I have *ever* in my professional life seen
the speeds of a serial link specified in bytes per second before!

--
Liam Proven · http://livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=lproven
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com · MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk · Skype: liamproven · ICQ: 73187508