[GEM Development] Test: Ok, I'll Be the First to Try a Letter

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Thu Feb 9 09:09:45 PST 2006

> I'm currently downloading the binary ISO images for Fedora Core 4 (a Linux
> distribution) and it's humming along at nearly 700k/second.  I'm
> completely stunned.  This thing is FAST.  Stupidly fast.  Astonishingly
> fast.  Incomprehensibly fast.  Gaaaah!

It's fun, isn't it? I went from being on 56K for 6 years, to being on 2Mbps
for about a month, to being on - theoretically - 100Mbps. (The most I've
ever managed to pull from one server would be about 56Mbps, I think, which
in itself was quite something). It's nice being able to download ISOs in
under 2 minutes. ;-)

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/