[GEM Development] Driver list

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 23:23:50 PDT 2005

:
: Now that's very cool; thanks John!  Shame there's very close to no chance of
: me seeing the 256-colour driver in action...

  I've emailed one person who's got a picture of the Paradise card in
question (an MCA version, not less) on his webpage. We'll see if anything
comes of it. Other than that, it would be necessary to write or adapt a PC
emulator to support that card; I *have* done this in the past, but never
with something as complicated as an 8514/a.
  Where the 8514/a scores over anything later is that it actually uses 8
planes for its 256 colours, rather than one byte per pixel; this makes it a
good match for the way GEM drivers are structured internally.

--
John Elliott