[GEM Development] serious bug in the new screen driver

Michael Bernstein pcgem at mbernstein.de
Sat Sep 3 09:14:36 PDT 2005

Hi Shane,

> > I have found another bug in the liberation beta:
> > - Artline is not running anymore. It says: "Incorrect screen driver
> > installed. Please re-install....." and you can only quit it.
>
> Wow!  Seriously bug!  Not good news...
>
> Could it be a version number thing or something?

Artline uses its own VDI with some extensions (splines or bezier?). If
you have a VDI based on the GEM sources, these extensions are missing.

At home i have build my special GEM system with artline VDI drivers, AES
from GEM/3 and desktop from GEM/3. My system was able to run all GEM
applications which i can download.

Regards
Michael