[GEM Development] Radio promotion!

olivier.landemarre at utbm.fr Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr
Sun Mar 6 15:58:54 PST 2005

Selon Owen Rudge <owen at owenrudge.net>:

> 'lo all,
>
> I was pointed to www.lugradio.org, a light-hearted British online Linux
> radio show, a few weeks ago, as season 2 episode 9 had a brief mention of
> GEM, and the presenters were wondering if anyone still used GEM. So, of
> course, I sent them an e-mail... you can hear them discussing GEM again now
> in episode 10, about 50 minutes or so in. It's kind of funny... they're not
> exactly complementary about GEM (thinking it a bit old), but they do
> acknowledge that the screenshots look "interesting", and GEM can be used
> with FreeDOS, and they provide a link to my site and to Shane's. It's also a
> generally nice radio show if you like their style.

Hello

No GEM is not dead!
I never use GEM PC, but I come from Atari GEM world

We have already 2 free AES, and I have myself write one of this from scratch.
it's now near finish and now we are looking doing a PC version above a small
linux kernel.
Here some screenshot for Atari version
http://olivier.landemarre.free.fr/gem/myaes/myaes067.html
http://myaes.free.fr/capture.php