[GEM Development] all about what shane is up to

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:56:21 PDT 2005

Hi guys

Remember Owen's CD concept?  I kinda followed that idea to create the
OpenGEM SDK.  I tried to collection GEM information and code together in one
place, so new people can download it and get started with creating stuff for
the GEM community.

Some things are missing from the OpenGEM SDK Release 1.

Most of the FreeGEM desktops are not in there, and FreeGEM Output is
missing.  There are also GEM applications, documents and so forth not yet
included.  They will all be placed in the OpenGEM SDK Release 2, which
should be out in two months.

There are quite a few people still using GEM (OpenGEM gets between 500 and
1,000 downloads a month, GEMini gets between 100-300 downloads a month), and
I keep getting emails asking about new features.  So it'd be nice to have
more stuff appearing...

FreeDOS is very interested in GEM stuff, and OpenGEM and GEMini are getting
quite a good reaction there.

Regards

Shane