[GEM Development] OpenGEM FAQ

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Mon Jul 25 19:00:07 PDT 2005

A couple of random comments.

> Thanks to Liam for his help with this (renamed) FAQ.  Any more comments
> from anyone?

Hmm, it still seems more like an FAQ than a user guide to me...

>  The Shane Land homepage is <http://www.shaneland.co.uk>
>  The Shane Land OpenGEM homepage is <http://gem.shaneland.co.uk>

I seem to remember we were having a discussion about slashes at the end of
URLs a while ago... I personally dislike leaving them off, and this document
is fairly inconsistant in that. Not really a major issue, I just think
<http://gem.shaneland.co.uk/> is better, but that's just me. ;-)

> 3.1  Where can I get an OpenGEM User's Guide?
>
>  There is no user guide currently available for OpenGEM.

I thought *this* was the "OpenGEM User Guide"... has potential for
confusion.

> 5.1    Where can I find the GEM source code?

>  The source code to the original DRI GEM/3 is available from GEMWorld
>  and the Deltasoft GEM Development site.

Perhaps some reference to John's site here for the FreeGEM AES, etc?

> 5.2.1  How do I compile the source code?
>
>   The OpenGEM SDK provides the bindings with which to complile much of

"compile".

>  Owen Rudge's GEM pages
>  <http://www.owenrudge.co.uk/GEM/>

Could you make that http://www.owenrudge.net/GEM/ please instead of .co.uk?
Although both URLs work and should continue to do so now, .net is the
preferred site.

Apart from that, no real complaints. ;-)

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/